Thursday 26 January 2012

Alcohol free hygene product reviews











Why should you go alcohol free with your hygiene products? I have to because I'm on medication where alcohol will make me ill, luckily Ive learnt that it isn't such a bad thing. Alcohol based products are more common then you think ,you'll be surprised if you check the ingredients of your cosmetics, many contain ethanol/ alcohol. Alcohol products dry and irritate your skin and there are current studies to see whether they can increase the risk of cancer. Following is a list of alcohol free products that I highly suggest, a few I have been using previous to finding out they were alcohol free, I used them because they were products that worked really well for me.


Neutrogena oil free moisturiser 

I have been using this moisturiser since I was about 16 and still use it to this day. It is a nice light feeling cream, that I use on my face twice a day, when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Because it is oil free, which means it shouldnt clog pores, which can lead to pimples forming. It is also fragrance free, a top sign, since a lot of companies use fragrance in their products to mask to smell of other chemicals.

link: neutrogena



     Johnson's baby lotion 

       Don't be deceived by the name or the cute little pink container, this    
       moisturiser works better then most others I have tried. I use it on my
       entire body (minus the face) after I have a shower and my skin feels
       very soft and has no irritation. A few other pluses are that you can get  
       it from your local supermarket and it doesnt cost nearly as much as a
       designer cosmetic will cost you and because it is tested for babies, you
       know that it will be gentle and kind to your skin.




   Sukin cream cleanser


     I use this product about twice a week, I try not to wash my face with too
     many products, because that can cause irritation, so I alternate   
     between two different cleansers, depending on how my skin is that  
     day. This is a nice smooth cleanser which I like to use when I dont 
     have to wash off makeup and I just want to clean my face. This  
     cleanser however does contain cocoa, which you should be careful of
     because it can clog pores, so if your skin is feeling sensitive you may
     want to skip using it. It also has a beautiful all natural scent that leaves
     me feeling very calm.



      link: sukin
    




 Sukin rose hip oil
 After I have washed my face in the morning and before bed at night, I
 like to use this oil on parts of my skin that are dry. At first you might see
 this tiny bottle and think "this wont last me", trust me, it will last you a 
 long time. You only need to use 2-3 drops and it will make your skin
 feel hydrated and smooth, as well as leaving your with a rejuvenated
 look. Once you have applied the oil, it is also a good idea to add a light
 moisturiser over the top. It is said to soothe irritated or dry skin, which,
 so far has lived up to expectation.





 link: sukin






 Aveeno skin brightening scrub
 This would probably be the cleanser that I most often use. It  
 contains little beads, that help with getting makeup off, smoothing
 skin and leaves skin feeling soft. I mainly use it on my face, but
 if I have a patch of dry skin on my body, I will rub it over that when
 having a shower. If you have any dry skin, try to avoid using this
 scrub in that area, as this might irritate it. It is also soap free, which
 means it is less likely to dry out skin.

link: aveeno

 

 

 

Colgate alcohol free mouthwash
If you have been tossing up between alcohol mouthwash and alcohol free mouthwash, I highly suggest you go straight for the alcohol free. Why would that be? well, for some very important reasons. Mouthwashes containing alcohol are said to increase your risk of cancer, will end up drying your mouth, destroys the good bacteria and cause oral sores. I think that is enough reasons to make the swap.

link: colgate

 

 

 

Coming up soon will be my favourite alcohol free cosmetic beauty products. 

Do you have any alcohol free hygiene  that you would suggest? I'd love to try out some different products.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all these suggestions, I am really keen to try Sukin products. I'm pretty sure the brand Innoxa is alcohol free, and better yet, they don't test on animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sukin are really great and the products smell reeeeallly yummy! I'll have to start looking out for Innoxa, I love products that dont test on animals x

    ReplyDelete