Monday 6 February 2012

Healthy recipe of the week


Yes, another glorious week has yet again arrived rather quickly. My weekend was quite interesting, I went to a lecture on re connective healing and volunteered to have it done to me. I must say it was quite a strange sensation, I lay on a massage table, eyes closed, while the teacher held her hands over me, I felt like electricity was running through my body, it was quite amazing. This healing technique is meant to aid in healing ailments you might have and has been said to have fixed bad backs, depression and even addiction. I wonder if it will fix anything for me? I'll let you know if it does.

This weeks healthy recipe is one from my favourite healthy Australian Chef, Teresa Cutter. If you like the meal suggestion, be sure to check out her website at the bottom of the post for many more healthy meal ideas :)

x
 TUNA FRITTERS

185 g (6 ½  oz) tin tuna in spring water, drained
1 egg
1 spring onion (scallion), sliced

Combine the tuna, egg and spring onion, then season with freshly ground black pepper.
Heat
a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with a little olive oil.
Place
spoonfuls of the tuna mixture into the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Serve
with a green salad or steamed green vegetables drizzled with a little lemon and cold pressed olive oil.



  Why is this a healthy meal? 


1. It is high in protein, which helps to body to grow and repair
2. Tuna is a good source of Omega 3, which helps fight depression
3. Omega 3 also helps to keep the brain healthy
4. Tuna is also great to eat for cancer prevention
5. For those of you watching your weight, scallions are low in callories
6. The vitamin A in Scallions helps protect the lung and mouth from cancer
7. Olive oil moisturises skin and slows the aging process
8. Lemon helps to flush toxins from your liver





No comments:

Post a Comment